Monday, March 30, 2009

Free Hugs In Shibuya

The First night I arrived in Tokyo I decided to go and check out my surroundings.

So I was hanging out by Shibuya station, and looking for some sort of trouble, when I saw these guys and girls with signs that said "Free Hugs".

Naturally, I gave them all hugs, and joined them standing there giving the passerby's some free love.



It was interesting. One person said that they really needed the hug. I guess I made someone's day a little better.

Eventually I went out with one of the huggers to a cool place called Red Bar. We hung out with his Brazilian, Celtic, and French friends.

When I got back to Mikie's house, I did a little research and I found out that this was all started in Australia. This one guy got a hug when he was feeling down and felt better. He decided to spread the love and warm feeling one embrace at a time. He stood in his town square and gave out hugs.

Somehow, and I am happy it did so, this caught on, now 5 years later Free hugs are all around the world, and at your local anime convention too. There is nothing to gain from it, its a just a random act of kindness.

If some one offers you a hug, take it, enjoy it, pass on that feeling to someone else in any form you want.

1 comment:

FrankMayhem said...

on a random note, in my international relations class the teacher was discussing how poorly Korea was doing and how the conditions in most part of Korea are bad. all I could think was "they have top notch go players though..."

:D