Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Player Profile, Simon "Lucky 3d" Schwanhaeusser

Simon "Lucky 3d" Schwanhaeusser

Simon was born in 1982. He has been playing go for 5 years.




He has been an undergraduate student for 5 years, and his current major is chinese.

He came to the IBA last November, he studied Baduk for a few months and then started studying PC Bang, Jimjil Bang and Korean language.

Simon speaks German and English fluently, and can speak basic Mandarin, and Korean.

He currently owns 27 diamond chandeliers somewhere in one of his castles in Germany.

He plans to sell one or two of them to start a business in Germany.

It will be the first ever NoraePCJimjilKimpapKiwonMassagee Bang.

I met Simon while studying at the International Baduk Academy. The first thing I noticed about him, is that he is very concerened about others, and goes out of his way to make people comfortable. Before coming to Korea, he was very helpful in answering many questions I had.

Once I arrived, he was very affable. One of the first nights I was in Korea I said that I wanted tea, so we walked for 30 minutes, looking for a place to have some, talking about nothing in particular, as if we had been friends for years.

Another interesting story, one night around 3:00 AM I picked up three girls and I took them out to dinner, but we were having problems communicating, so I called Simon and he got out of bed and came to help. I guess it was not a free service, since I payed for his dinner too.

Simon has a very interesting style of play, most of his moves are based on intuition, rather than careful planning, and very often he will somehow hypnotize his opponents (or maybe just me ^__^) into making mistakes.

While he says he is just a lucky 3 dan, his kgs playing rating varies between 4d and 6d.

Check him out on KGS, where he is known as Dogtagnan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i get my own post ???? you really know how to get dedicated ad-clickers :P

Wasiqi said...

I tried to get a hold of the professor, to sign up for attendance...but haven't heard back. Is it still goacademy@hotmail.com?

Failer said...

"27 diamond chandeliers somewhere in one of his castles in Germany."

is he a aristocrat or some arabian oil comapnies chairman? lol