Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Out and About in Akihabara.

Last Friday Mikie, and Kanako arranged for an acquaintance of theirs, Kanoko-chan, to show me around Akihabara.

I needed to get some shoes so we first went to Ueno, a cheap shopping district. After searching for some time, we got thirsty so we got some bubble tea.

From 3-27


Bubble tea guy was very entertaining. He kindly read the menu out loud to me, stressing odd syllables in the words. He basically yelled the menu using various funny accents. After paying for our drinks and the show I found that I had no cash.

It took about one hour to find the ATM. No one seemed to know where to use a foreign credit card. The bank staff where clueless. Eventually 7ELEVEN saved the day.

While wandering around I found this cool noodle ad.
The Chopsticks actually move up and down. MMM...Ramen.

From 3-27


At one point we were wandering through a little fish market..

From 3-27


From 3-27


A bit crowded ain't it?

From 3-27


From 3-27


From 3-27



Anyway eventually I found the shoes, that's not really interesting though.

...

Akihabara
From 3-27


IT was filled with toy stores, perverted shops, maid cafes, pachinko parlors UFO machines, card games, manga, cosplay shops, cafes, some shady looking places...It goes on.

Basically A giant toy store. I Do not have any deep thoughts about it. Just a few cool pictures. Take a look see.


Here is a bad photo of me and Kanoko-chan
From 3-27


Some Goku Toys

From 3-27


More Dragonball

From 3-27


The now Japan-owned Cheburashka

From 3-27


Baby-Goku in a capsule ^_^

From 3-27


Luffy in Goku Attire

From 3-27


Boob Pillow

From 3-27


Studio Gible Store

From 3-27


I believe thats some edition of the Famicom

From 3-27


More Nintendo like things

From 3-27


Lots of cheap classics

From 3-27


Uh-Oh Solid Snake, wow I am a geeky tourist

From 3-27


From 3-27


Well anyway Akihabara is a lot of fun, and even more when you can afford to buy all the cool things. But when you think about it I went to a giant toy museum with no admission cost.

2 comments:

FrankMayhem said...

sweet. I envy your what seems to be a great time there.

julia said...

love this report
;)

fun!!!