Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fun times in Dajeon Part one.

There exists a Place called Daejeon. It is a big city south of Seoul. There, is a Baduk School, Chungwan Baduk Dojang. A few months ago they visited the IBA, this was before my time at the IBA. More recently, In February, we visited them for the first time. Simon, Pascal and I went there for 2 days.


I can not really explain how it felt. I was surrounded by children as young as 4 years old studying the game that I love. I was jealous at their oppurtunity to do this, but the feeling was not strong. Anyway, I can't really explain the feeling, I felt completely invigorated. That part was difficult to explain so..... here are some pictures while I think of something else to say.

Their best three VS our only Three..


Han Bi reviewing a game by Cho Hunhyun


Me vs. My rival (although I don't think she knows that...)


Team game, Those kids are all the same level as me, ages 5-7



I lost all of my games that day, but I had a great game against "my rival" It was a bloody fight. But in the end I lost.

On the second day, we all went to Korean Traditional music museum, and learned how to play the drums. We also made our own.

There are plenty of pictures and they are better than words

Drum Class


Pascal


Amazing expression ^__^


Learning the Drums


I guess i was really interested


Youngkyu and Hanbi


I seem to be a horse or something


Group Photos


Giant Drum, awesome sound


Making our own drums


They look happy


All done with the Drum


All together now


Then we played a little bit in the playground ^__^




High


in


The


Sky

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrr, I want to make a drum. The only drum I ever made was used for shamanic journeys. Part of my religion. But those are cool drums compare to mine.

adorable plum said...

Maybe there is a possibility to arrange a team-tournament between the IBA and the Kings Baduk Academy that will start operating next Monday.

julia said...

looks like a lot of fun you guys had!
love the pictures :)

and those kids are so young but they look so mature...

love you borka
xoxo

Screen Doors Bloomington said...

Great blog post, thanks for sharing