Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Traveling thoughts...

Seeing the world has been great so far, Korea and Japan have shown me things I had not seen before. I have increased my tolerance for pepper and gotten stronger at baduk, but often I felt lonely.

There is a certain lack of real human connection. I have met many people, seen many things and tried many foods. What I will remember is the conversations I have had with those who are close to me.

I have made a friend or two or maybe three in journeys so far, and that was well worth the 3 months, but somehow I feel I am losing my desire to socialize as much.

I have had many brief encounters that I thought might turn to friendship. I was just a novelty foreigner to most.

For someone who talks about flight and adventures, I seem to get attached to people really easily.

I should not be sad in the slightest, maybe I just miss my family.

4 comments:

julia said...

babe :)

your family miss you sooooo much

love you!!!!!!

have a great time - can't wait to hug you.

kisses,
mom

FrankMayhem said...

great pics. lucky lucky.

Misha Bernadsky said...

We miss you too...

Dontlookforme said...

I DONT MISS YOU :) bastard. going to japan and and all. you make me real jealous. MAY 15th im done with school. We can finally Skype hahaha