Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Visiting the Hanguk Kiwon

Last week we visited the Koren Go Association, the Hankuk Kiwon.

The main reason we went was that one of the students at the IBA needed to buy a go board and stones.

To be Honest, I was a little bit disappointed with what I saw. Sure there were professionals, and Yonguseng (Korean Insei) but the place seemed a little empty. I guess I was expecting a bunch fanatics studying, but I was later informed that most of the pros i was expecting to see study in small groups around the Hankuk Kiwon. I have not had a chance to visit them, I will ask my friend if she could take me along one day.


I took a few pictures, so take a look.




This is the Entrance



I am Lee ChangHo!



Yonguseng Reviewing a game



He Looks harmless, but likely he can give most of blog readers 9 stones



Papier Mache



Playing Area




Same Place Different Angle




Boris 3k Vs Marc 3d




Shop Keeper Ajuma



Also, I will be buying many books in Korea, so that we can sell them at the New York Go Center.

Expect a really good problem series, as well as Jungsuk in Our Time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! First off, you REALLY don't know who I am? It's me Jesy, makes sense now?

Anonymous said...

I forgot, my blog is only use for my English class, so I get graded on it.

Wasiqi said...

Looks cold in there, everyone is wearing coats.

White Meeple said...

very cold place...

Andrew said...

Even though it looks cold, the place looks epic nonetheless. The equipment and playing area looks comfortable enough. Again, glad to see a lot of pictures :P I'm sure you're enjoying yourself.

R.Kudryashov said...

Update!

Anonymous said...

how do you reach Hanguk Kiwon by subway