Thursday, January 1, 2009

Arrival in Korea

Leaving my girlfriend and family in the airport was tough. I was kinda crying. I really hated hurting her so much.

Once I was in the airplane it was much better though. I watched Tru Blood until I got to Detriot.

In Detroit, I taught a little chinese boy how to play Baduk.

The ride to japan was really nice. I met this guy name Pete, and a nice old lady named Yuan. We talked for hours about life. She used to be a member of the communist party in china, but she moved to Canada to retire.

Pete is a chinese language student who went to travel around china for a few weeks during winter break.

Here is a picture.


On the plain ride over to Japan I found a go player on the flight so we played a game.

As soon as I figure out how I will post that game.



My girlfriends uncle picked me up from the Airport, and I collapsed as soon as I got to his house.

Him and His wife...





I will write more later...off to Baduk

5 comments:

Alfredo said...

Well, Boris. So I believe you are already there. Next time leave us a word ;-)
Good arrival, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Dontlookforme said...

i love how you have no shame talking to strangers at all boris. You even managed to play a game on the way there. u never cease to impress me. Does sunnys uncle speak english? how do they treat you?

Go Stoodent said...

I only stayed one day with them.

No english, but language was not really an issue for me. They were really nice to me. They insisted that i come visit them whenever i want to .

SO far language has not been a problem. I know enough korean to explain myself sort of... a non native speaker prohbably would not know what i am saying.

And all of my classmates speak english.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know what is like traveling alone. This past summer I went to Honduras alone and on the way back to the US I cried, I didn't want to leave. I'm not good around strangers. On the way there I did sit next to an ambassador of Germany who spoke English, but everyone thought I only spoke Spanish. But I'm at the age were you wonder "hmmm, should I talk to these people or not?" Anyway I don't talk on the plane unless they talk to me. But I bet you'll have fun in Korea and cry on the way home 6 months from now
o_O

Andrew said...

I agree with your other posters. It's interesting how you have made conversation with those in your flight and have even play Go, too. Trips can be lonely...