Thursday, September 3, 2009

Goh Ju Yeon 2p.

A few weeks ago, the week after congress, Goh Ju Yeon 2P visited New York. I had the pleasure of showing her around. For three days we went to see various tourist attractions. For me it was a bit challenging because I had to use my very limited Korean to its limit, and for her it was likely the same. It was also very tiring walking around all day, going to bed late, and waking up early for work. However I really enjoyed her company.



On Friday, before leaving she played a few games with some of the people at the New York Go Center. Michael Fodera 2d was defeated with 4 stones, and I managed to get a win with 8 stones.

Will Lockhart, Ben Lockhart, Joshua, Kim Chaelim, Lee Hyang-mi, Goh Juyeon, Andy Liu, Lisha Li, Michael Fodera and myself got some snacks and drinks together and had ourselves a little going away party for Juyeon.

Around midnight, after having a some beers and some snacks, Andy and Juyeon decided that they would play. Apparently they had played two games earlier, with her winning both.

They were happy just to play, but we decided to make an event out of it. The kaya board was pulled out. We went to the tatami room. The two sat down and started to play. Ben and I broadcasted the game live on KGS, while everyone else came and went alternating watching the game online and live.

Although we announced it just 5 minutes before starting, over 280 people watched.


B+ 1.5

1 comment: