Wednesday, July 21, 2010

P.S. Ice Cream and mean homeless man and Accordians on the street

I was walking around Düsseldorf feeling hot, sweaty a bit lonely when I see a sign that reads "Bier Ice cream 1€. I ordered, and to my surprise its really really good. It tastes like Kvass more then beer,but its quite good none the less. Its rather bitter sweet, and its carbonized so you get a little sparkly feeling. Its very refreshing and suprisingly good stuff. I definetly reccomend it if you find yourself in Düsseldorf in the summer.

I was looking for either the Central station in Dusseldorf, or a net cafe. I asked a man if he spoke english, and he gave me an accentless "Yes, I do". I asked him for directions, and he answered me again in accentless english

"I am very sorry, but I will not help you. Whenever I ask people they never help me out, so sorry for your poor luck, but I refuse to help you"

He proceeded to cross the street and dig for empty bottles in the trash.


Also there are lots of really good accordian musicians scattered around germany, here is one.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm Germany, but have never been to DD. Your post made me interested, maybe I'll visit someday (there is a yearly Go tournament there I heard... ;)

The experience with the homeless man is quite disturbing/funny. I would have been speechless and puzzled.